Skills: IT – Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
1430 Enclave, Houston, TX, USA
Hybrid work model
Reports to Software Project Manager and collaborates with other Software Engineers of different disciplines. Consults SME for clarification of business/domain concepts and requirements. Consults central UX design team for brand/platform styling/consistency.
Some interaction with other international tech center teams is also likely (US, UK, India).
The Frontend Engineer evaluates emerging technologies and provides innovative web frontend solutions for SLB products. They demonstrate a strong understanding of frontend concerns in their work, balancing usability, performance, and code maintainability concerns. They deliver practical intuitive solutions while not compromising application load-time or performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build sophisticated and elegant user interfaces for responsive web applications
- Collaborate with user experience and visual designers, developers, and product owners
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets
- Provide technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or Product Line level or through customer input
- Build prototypes, products, and systems that meet the project quality standards and requirements
- Contribute to and support re-use through common components
- Maintain a high degree of test-coverage for delivered solutions (with appropriate use of different testing strategies)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s or above (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science, Web Design, User Experience, Interaction Design, Visual Design. Alternatively, a background in a Science domain with subsequent experience in frontend will also considered
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for frontend development for Cloud applications
- Background/understanding of different frameworks such as Angular, React, Three.js, WebComponents, etc
- Angular 8+ (we use Angular 12)
- TypeScript + SCSS
- Using REST API and associated tooling (e.g. Postman or equivalent)
- Working with a middleware layer
- (Strongly desired) Knowledge of PHP
- (Strongly desired) NodeJS
- (Strongly desired) Familiarity with Oil & Gas domain concepts
- (Bonus) Comfortable with git (familiar enough to explain rebase )
- Good oral and written communication
- Team player respected by peers
- Comfortable mentoring and advocating for best practices
- “Do it right first time” attitude
The Frontend Engineer will work at SLB’s Enclave office in Houston, TX. SLB offers its professionals a broad aspect of interaction opportunities within leading software industry partners, universities and the large network of SLB Technology Centers around the world, that support SLB activities in more than 85 countries.
You will be working as part of the HR organization, responsible for developing products and tooling for training and personnel development initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the SLB digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.