Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ville Platte, Louisiana, United States
Machinist capable of operating one type of machine to perform highly routine/repetitive work with minimal supervision. Detailed instruction and guidance are provided as needed. Continues growth in knowledge and skills and acquiring work experience. Willing to learn and grow their career.
- Demonstrates a proven working knowledge of various technical /machining principles. Tasks assigned require a basic knowledge of concepts and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve basic problems with assistance. Recognizes problems in machining process and reports to appropriate supervisor and/or lead person in a timely manner.
- Proficiently uses all required calibrated measuring instruments.
- Reviews and comprehends blueprints, drawings, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of part/product, sequence of operations and/or set up requirements.
- Uses computer systems to retrieve relevant work documents such as engineering drawings, routings, and other documents as they relate to machining of valves or related products. Confers with programmer to suggest programming changes to improve manufacturing process.
- Performs internal stenciling and or marking for required traceability purposes. Verifies correct material and heat number against internal traceability system prior to machining process.
- Performs machine setups by selecting, aligning, and securing holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, on machines to include mills and/or lathes. With guidance, calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant, flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or computerized machine control media.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of safety policies and procedures (Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Quest, etc.). Operates overhead crane and other capacity lifting equipment (forklift) safely (training provided).
- Participates/contributes in continuous improvement initiatives and programs.
- Provides informal guidance and support to new team members.
- Embodies core values of responsibility, integrity, innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
- Exhibits SLB behaviors of Commitment, Integrity, Teamwork, and Drive. The behaviors are expected of every SLB team member including attitude, words, and actions, as we interact with each other and with our external stakeholders.
- Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
- Continually produces quality products with minimal defect rate by detecting own defects for ongoing corrective action.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write and/or complete routine reports.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as angles, lengths, diameters in decimals and fractions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to operate assigned machine/machines safely and with no assistance. If required, demonstrate the ability to operate multiple machines effectively.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 to 2 year Certificate/Degree in Machining preferred but equivalent industry experience will be considered.
- Mechanical knowledge is preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship