The Engineering manager shall be versed in Engineering design processes preferably with bias in Process Engineering and Engineering Safety.
- Shall participate in interdisciplinary checks, design reviews and HAZOPS or similar Completion of conceptual scopes of work and preliminary designs.
- Shall participate in the review of detailed designs.
- Review and update project and general specifications, engineering procedures and engineering policy.
- Review and approve the documentation for all projects – Pre Commissioning/Commissioning manuals and Close-out reports and ensured that they are properly archived.
- Review and approve all Engineering design documentation.
1. Engineering Project Planning:
- Liaise with Project Manager to organize and hold kick-off meeting with Engineering Contractors, and Client and raise minutes of meeting for approval by the Project manager.
- Review a register of design deliverables from the Engineering Contractors.
2. Engineering Execution:
- Coordinate the development of the engineering/design component of the project schedule at all levels of design to ensure the timely completion of IFC packages and to ensure ETA on site of equipment and materials, meet construction and pre-commissioning activity requirements.
- Interface daily with each Discipline Lead Engineer and the Design Supervisors of Engineering Contractors to solve problems, coordinate work and ensure that essential information is reviewed by each group.
- Liaises with the construction and Installation team to develop construction and as-built drawings.
- Ensure that all engineering, design and drafting by contractors is performed in accordance with approved specifications and engineering codes and construction standards.
3. Engineering Design Review:
- Identify requirements for design review(s) at project kick-off and records.
- Review design review plan for approval by the Project Manager.
- Incorporate design review requirements into the deliverable register.
- Organize design review meetings according to the plan and publish an agenda to those attending.
- Attend design review meetings as required.
- Prepare minutes of design review meetings including actions arising for approval by the Project Manager.
- Track actions arising from MOM and ensure actions are addressed and closed-out.
4. Engineering Design Change Control:
- Identify need to change a design.
- Review comments and markup copy of document or drawing and backdraft.
- Review with Project Manager and Construction Manager and his deputy the impact of the change on the project cost and schedule.
- Liaises with document controller to Update document register as necessary.
- On completion of the changes, conduct self-check and raise a check print along with updated comment sheet.
5. HAZOP Review:
- Prepares the HAZOP review Info pack for distribution to the HAZOP team.
- Shall be the HAZOP team Lead (Chairperson/Facilitator) and the HAZOP Secretary.