- The project Manager shall have good experience in the oil and gas industry including refineries, petrochemical, LNG, LPG, POWER PLANTS etc and shall have the overall responsibility for the following:
- The planning management and coordination of all activities in the project lifecycle, including project initiation (where required), planning, execution, control and project close-out.
- Carries out project planning, execution and control of construction, installation and commissioning associated with oil and gas facilities and other Projects programs.
- Determines the project management structure required to accomplish the assigned projects efficiently and in accordance with approved plans and schedules.
- Supervises other engineers and technical personnel in the team, as well as maintain close liaison with company representatives and government agencies, and coordinate activities between engineering, procurement, construction and operations, including both company and contractors.
- Responsibility for ensuring HSE is managed appropriately for the projects. Ensured that Project was performed in accordance with the terms and conditions in the relevant contract documents.
- Ensures Cost and schedule control for the project by reviewing actual cost and accomplishments compared to the budget and project plans and instituting remedial measures when required.
- Ensures that Project is executed to highest quality and that Project was executed in compliance with the Nigerian Content Development Act.
- Ensures that Project is executed in line with relevant design codes and standards, oil and gas industry standards.
- Ensures Seamless interface management throughout the life of projects.
- Ensures that adequate guidance and leadership were provided to the construction, Installation and planning personnel in the development of the project plan.
- Ensures that progress schedules were routinely reviewed with company and updated as necessary.
- Heads the various audit teams – Quality, Safety etc, directed progress meetings and planned for the Pre-shutdown and shutdown early Tie-ins and activities.
- Assessment and control of risks.
- Responsible for preparation of Invitation to Tender (ITT) , Tender query clarifications and Tender evaluations.
- Responsible for recruitment and training of requisite levels of Manpower.
- Responsible for implementation of Quality Control/Quality Assurance and the implementation of Nigeria Content Development Policy, Company Strategic Policy Development and Contract management.
- Approval of all documentations including pre-commissioning and commissioning manuals.
Job Category: Engineering Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Port Harcourt (Nigeria)