Skills: IT – Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors is seeking a Python Developer for the controls and automation team platform team. The developer is responsible for delivering fast and reliable software. The position is based in Houston, TX.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop applications (programming, coding)
- Develop APIs
- Document code and perform unit testing of software
- Participate in code review
- Maintain release notes on all software versions
- Lab testing of all software with the rig simulator
- Provide technical support to field technicians and trainers
- Follows procedures and safety guidelines
- Minimum experience of 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- Expert in Python with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (Django, Flask, Fastpi)
- Familiar with ORM like SQLAlchemy
- Familiar with Databases like PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding of API
- Familiar with web server setups & configuration
- Proficient in writing bash scripts
- Proficient in Linux
- Basic understanding ROS (robotic operating system)
- Basic understanding of pub/sub protocols like MQTT
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools like Git
- Critical thinking and problem-solving things
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in Oil & Gas Drilling is preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The primary location for this position is an office environment with a hybrid work flexibility
- Able to lift to 20 lbs.
- Rig yard trips may be expected from time to time.
- 20% travel to rig yards and field.