Skills: IT – Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors is seeking interns for our Energy Transition Solutions Team. Candidates will be hands-on performing tests of embedded software systems and assisting the R&D team on multiple projects for data collection. Areas of investigation may include carbon capture, nanomaterials, hydrogen production, catalysis and/or energy storage systems. Interns will be part of an interdisciplinary team yet will be expected to work independently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with our software development team to design, develop, and test software applications
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code using programming languages such as Java, Python, or C++
- Develop and maintain software documentation, including technical specifications, design documents, and user manuals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure software development projects meet business requirements, timelines, and quality standards
- Conduct testing, debugging, and troubleshooting to identify and resolve software issues
- Stay current with industry trends and advances in software development, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of coding standards and best practices
- Adhere to software development processes and methodologies, including agile development practices
- Communicate project status, progress, and issues to project team members and stakeholders
- Complete assigned tasks within given timeframes and with high quality
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science or related field
- Strong programming skills in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, or C++
- Knowledge of software development principles, methodologies, and tools
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for learning and staying current with industry trends and advances
- Carbon capture, nanomaterial development or hydrogen evolution experience is a bonus
- Previous experience in a research and development atmosphere
- Understanding of current state of the art for the field of study
- An appreciation and commitment to safety, cooperation and leadership.
- Solid comprehensive problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to generate research ideas
- Ability to draft technical reports and project updates
- MS Office computer skills
- CAD (Autocad, Altium, eagle etc)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The primary location for this position is a laboratory and our yard location for testing and building in Crosby, TX.
- Must be able to lift at least 20lb.