Skills: IT – Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
We are looking for the right people – people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for the Software Engineer position. The Software Engineer will leverage his/her strong software design and programming skills to build software solutions, addressing the complex digital transformation business needs in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Work in a Multi-Disciplinary team environment (hardware/firmware, science teams) to implement business requirements into working engineering software in an agile environment.
- Design and develop unit test for code verification and automated integration/systems verification.
- Incorporate lab testing and field testing with various cross-functional teams.
- Participate in code reviews, adhere to coding standards, and best practices.
- Document software design and implementation details for future reference.
- Continuously optimize software performance and reliability.
- Debugging software applications at different stages of maturity, ranging from development-prototype through to commercial-production maturity levels.
- Developing, debugging, and supporting software applications both locally and in remote locations.
- Leverage cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure to develop both client and server functionalities.
- Job role contributes to value creation.
Required Education and Skills
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical discipline is required or similar discipline, and 2 years of related experience or through 6 years of related software development experience.
- Knowledge building petrophysical applications using C++.
- Knowledge developing multi-threaded and distributed applications.
- Knowledge building well designed user interfaces using MFC and WPF/XAML.
- Knowledge of test-driven development, OOO design patterns, SOLID design principles.
- Understanding of common DevOps, CICD processes and SDLC methodologies.
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaboration in complex engineering projects.
- MS, PhD in computer science or related STEM field
- Strong knowledge of C++ 11 principles
- Fluency in additional programming languages and frameworks such as C#, Python, with the ability to quickly pick up new technologies.
- Knowledge of streaming and transport protocols – WITSML, GRPC, MQTT
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Dockers, Kubernetes, DataBricks
- Experience modernizing legacy software such as MATLAB applications.
- Knowledge of data modeling and database design, both SQL and NoSQL
- Understanding of SOA architectural style, specifically in microservices development
- Understanding of EDGE devices and real-time acquisition applications – troubleshooting from firmware to the software application layers
- Knowledge of wireline logging tools, telemetry, & power control in the Oil & Gas industry
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available Software Development Engineer, Senior Software Development Engineer up to the Principal Software Development Engineer Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 174997
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time